St Helens Theatre Royal issues tickets on its own behalf and also on behalf of promoters and organisers.
Please take care of tickets as we may not be able to issue duplicates.
Please check your tickets carefully as mistakes cannot always be rectified. Tickets purchased five days in advance of the event can be posted to you for a fee, otherwise tickets can be collected from the St Helens Theatre Royal Box Office on production of your debit/credit/charge card.
All ticket prices are inclusive of VAT.
We reserve the right to refuse admission in all reasonable circumstances, including for example where we consider a ticket holder’s behaviour may affect other ticket holders’ enjoyment of the performance. We may on occasion conduct security searches to ensure the safety of visitors.
Every effort will be made to admit latecomers at a suitable break in the performance, but admission cannot always be guaranteed.
It is a condition of sale that tickets shall not be resold for more than the original purchase cost. Any ticket that has been resold in such a manner shall become void and the ticket holder may be refused entry.
Every member of the audience must be in possession of a valid ticket. Defaced or altered tickets shall become void and the ticket holder may be refused entry.
Official merchandise is only available inside the premises.
Safety and Enjoyment
Smoking is not permitted anywhere on St Helens Theatre Royal premises.
The unauthorised use of cameras or recording equipment is not permitted within the auditorium.
Food and drink (purchased items from Theatre Royal exempt) are not allowed within the auditorium.
We suggest that you check performance details prior to travelling as these may be subject to change.
Any complaints relating to any aspect of the performance should be made to the Duty Manager promptly, prior to or during the event.
Audiences may be filmed, photographed or recorded for publicity, broadcast, security and health and safety purposes.
Mobile phones must be switched off before entering the auditorium.
Conditions of Sale
- Tickets cannot be exchanged or money refunded.
- Latecomers may not be admitted until a suitable break in the performance.
- The Management reserves the right to make any changes to the programme without prior notice.
- The Management reserves the right to refuse admission and/or ask customers to vacate the premises if the management feel they are disturbing the performance or causing general disruption. The use of bad language, insults or threatening behaviour to any member of staff shall not be tolerated and will result in asking customers involved to vacate the building.
- Smoking in any part of the building is prohibited. This includes the use of E-Cigarettes.
- The use of cameras or any form of recording equipment is forbidden. This significantly applies to the performances that involve children – due to child safety laws.
- Mobile phones or Electronic devices should be switched off during the performance.
- Children aged 16 years and under who are not accompanied by a responsible full paying adult will not be permitted to attend an event or performance.
- If for any reason you are unhappy with the performance please inform the Front of House Manager on duty prior to the interval taking place – unfortunately we are unable to offer refunds to customers that have watched any part of Act 2.
- Only food and drink purchased on the premises shall be permitted into the auditorium.