Part Time – 20 hours per week
St Helens Theatre Royal is a huge local success story. Owned by Regal Entertainments Ltd, the venue has grown from strength to strength one of the region’s most successful touring and producing theatres.
Built by Matcham in the 19th Century the Theatre Royal is the principal theatre in St Helens. Recently renovated internally and externally with a modern glass exterior, St Helens Theatre Royal has a 700-seat capacity and stages many performances, including comedy, music, drama and produce three pantomimes a year. The theatre provides a wide variety of entertainment from top class comedians to musical shows. The community is at the heart of our success. We are passionate about bringing great live experiences to the widest possible audience.
Marketing and Communications Officer role – Part Time
To lead on the Marketing and Communications for the theatre and Regal Entertainments Ltd, you report to the Theatre Manager and work closely with the external Press and PR department. The Marketing & Communications Officer provides crucial marketing and administrative support to the small theatre management team.
- Create all aspects of venue marketing campaigns, including liaison with producers, agencies or other partners on marketing activity and initiatives.
- Support the venue in sourcing and creating assets, timely implementation across different mediums, liaison with marketing agencies and maintaining accuracy in all marketing output.
- Liaise with producers and agencies to ensure that materials (print, posters, pop-ups and other venue displays) are ordered, processed and distributed with the correct information held and to suitable quantities.
- Contribute to the planning, delivery and reporting of all Marketing & Communications activities and campaigns to budget.
- Manage the venue’s digital and social media channels as directed by the Theatre Manager and Press Department
- Create the venues two what’s on brochures per year, working with a designer and liaising with visiting companies, printers and distribution companies.
- Manage the venues email newsletters and direct mail campaigns.
- To manage the theatres Royal Family Membership scheme with a view to grow memberships and communicate regularly.
Your skills, qualities, and experience.
- Enthusiasm and aptitude for both Marketing and Communications.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Proactive and flexible attitude.
- Strong social media understanding, ideally with some experience of social media management.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment and manage a varied workload.
- Enthusiasm for theatre is desirable.
- Attention to detail is essential.
- Enthusiasm for exploring new initiatives.
How To Apply
Please send your CV and covering letter by Thursday 1st July to the Theatre Manager, Chantelle Nolan.
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org, quoting (MARKETING OFFICE APPLICATION) in the subject line
- By post: Chantelle Nolan, St Helens Theatre Royal, Corporation Street, St Helens, WA10 1LQ
Interviews will take place at the beginning of July with a view for the role to commence on Monday 2nd August 2021.
Terms and Conditions
Salary: Paid weekly
Hours of Work: 20 hours per week. Core hours are between 10am – 6pm, Monday, Wednesday and Friday although due to the nature of the role some evening and weekend work may be required.
Probation Period: 3 months
Notice Period: 4 weeks
Holiday Entitlement: As standard recommendation
Pension: St Helens Theatre Royal operates a work-place pension scheme
Normal Place of Work: St Helens Theatre Royal, however, work in other areas may be required from time to time.
St Helens Theatre Royal is an equal opportunities employee.